35+ Years Criminal Defense Experience in Riverside


Riverside County Court Information

Riverside County Court

There are several courthouses throughout Riverside County. If you have a pending case in Riverside, your case may be filed at:

The court in which your pending matter is being handled is determined by the type of matter you have pending and where the matter is alleged to have occurred.

If you have a pending criminal matter in a Riverside County court, you should contact an experienced criminal defense attorney who has experience handling cases in Riverside County courts. Our law firm has been successfully defending clients facing criminal charges in Riverside County for more than 35 years. We can help you now.

How to Find Out Which Riverside Court is Handling Your Case

To determine the court facility in which your pending matter is being handled, you must refer to the list of case prefixes in Riverside County. Prefixes are a three-letter code that refers to your case.

In the chart below, we have outlined the prefixes with their corresponding case type and the Riverside County courthouse in which the case will be handled:

Case Prefix Case Type Courthouse Where Case is Heard
BAM Misdemeanor Banning Court
BAS Small Claims Banning Court
BAF Felony Banning Court
BAC Civil/Unlawful Detainer/Eviction Banning Court
BLM Misdemeanor Blythe Court
BLV Domestic Violence Blythe Court
BLS Small Claims Blythe Court
BLF Felony Blythe Court
BLD Family Law Blythe Court
BLC Civil/Unlawful Detainer/Eviction Blythe Court
HEV Domestic Violence Hemet Court
SWV Domestic Violence Hemet Court
HES Small Claims Hemet Court
HEA Adoptions Hemet Court
HED Family Law Hemet Court
SWD Family Law Hemet Court
TED Family Law Hemet Court
HEK Child Support Services Hemet Court
HEC Civil/Unlawful Detainer/Eviction Hemet Court
SWC Civil Harassments Hemet Court
INA Adoptions Larson Justice Center
INM Misdemeanor Larson Justice Center
INV Domestic Violence Larson Justice Center
INS Small Claims Larson Justice Center
INF Felony Larson Justice Center
IND Family Law Larson Justice Center
FAM Family Law Larson Justice Center
INK Child Support Services Larson Justice Center
ING Probate Larson Justice Center
INP Probate Larson Justice Center
PRO Probate Larson Justice Center
PSP Probate Larson Justice Center
INPRO Probate Larson Justice Center
IJA Adoption (Juvenile) Indio Juvenile Court
INJ Juvenile Indio Juvenile Court
JUV Juvenile Indio Juvenile Court
MVS Small Claims Moreno Valley Court
MVC Unlawful Detainer/Eviction Moreno Valley Court
SWM Misdemeanor Southwest Justice Center
SJA Adoption (Juvenile) Southwest Justice Center
SWF Felony Southwest Justice Center
SWJ Juvenile Southwest Justice Center
SWC Unlawful Detainer/Eviction Southwest Justice Center
TES Small Claims Southwest Justice Center
TEC Unlawful Detainer/Eviction Southwest Justice Center
SWS Small Claims Southwest Justice Center
SWC Civil Southwest Justice Center
MCC Civil Southwest Justice Center
INC Civil Palm Springs Court
CIV Civil Palm Springs Court
PSC Civil/Unlawful Detainer/Eviction Palm Springs Court
RIM Misdemeanor Riverside Hall of Justice
RIF Felony Riverside Hall of Justice
COM Corona Misdemeanor Riverside Hall of Justice
RIC Civil Riverside Historic Courthouse
RIG Guardianship Riverside Historic Courthouse
RIP Probate Riverside Historic Courthouse
RIA Adoption Riverside Family Law Court
RIV Domestic Violence Riverside Family Law Court
FAM Family Law Riverside Family Law Court
RIK Child Support Services Riverside Family Law Court
RID Family Law Riverside Family Law Court
RJA Adoption (Juvenile) Riverside Juvenile Court
RIJ Juvenile Riverside Juvenile Court
JUV Juvenile Riverside Juvenile Court
HEG Guardianship Temecula Court
HEP Probate Temecula Court
MCP Mid County Probate Temecula Court


How Traffic Tickets are Handled in Riverside County

If you received a traffic ticket in Riverside County, the ticket will be handled at one of the following courts:

  • The Blythe Courthouse
  • The Larson Justice Center
  • The Hemet Courthouse
  • The Temecula Courthouse
  • The Banning Courthouse
  • The Moreno Valley Courthouse

Traffic cases are typically handled by the court that is closest to where the ticket was issued.

Before you go to court for a traffic ticket in Riverside, you should contact an experienced Riverside County traffic ticket attorney who can advise you on your options.

Should You Hire an Attorney to Fight Your Traffic Ticket in Riverside County?

You should not simply pay your traffic ticket without first contacting an experienced Riverside County traffic attorney. At Wallin & Klarich, our skilled traffic ticket lawyers understand how traffic cases are handled in Riverside County courts. Our experience and aggressive representation has helped our lawyers obtain numerous case victories in traffic cases in Riverside County.

You should consider hiring our law firm to represent you in a Riverside traffic case because:

    • You won’t have to appear in court – Only certain courthouses in Riverside County handle traffic matters. This means you may have to travel a long distance to get to the court where your traffic matter is pending. Our experienced Riverside traffic lawyers may be able to appear in court on your behalf so that you don’t have to take the time to travel to the court.
    • Our lawyers understand the law and the local courts – Our skilled Riverside traffic attorneys understand the law and how the courts in Riverside County apply it in traffic cases. We can assess your case and determine the best way to fight the ticket in the Riverside County courts.
    • We may be able to keep points off your driving record – Many people do not realize that, in addition to expensive fines, traffic violations may also be punished by you receiving points on your driving record from the DMV. If you receive a certain amount of points within a given time period, your driver’s license could be suspended. A skilled Riverside traffic lawyer may be able to protect your driving privileges.
    • We may be able to help you avoid increased insurance premiums – If you violate a traffic law and points are added to your driving record, the DMV will report the points to your auto insurance company. Most insurance companies will increase your premiums if you receive points on your record. If you have our traffic lawyers fight the ticket for you, you may be able to avoid an increase in your insurance premiums.

Paying a Traffic Ticket in Riverside County

You should not decide to pay off your ticket in full without first speaking to an experienced traffic ticket lawyer.

You are entitled to two 30-day extensions or one 60-day extension from the appearance date on your traffic ticket. Contact our law firm today at (877) 466-5245 so we can help you decide whether you should fight your ticket and request an extension to pay your ticket.

How to Request Traffic School in Riverside

Another option may be to request traffic school to avoid the negative consequences of a traffic ticket. If you complete traffic school, you may be able to avoid having the conviction on your driving record and an increase in your auto insurance premiums.

Traffic school is available once in an 18-month period. You are eligible for traffic school if:

  • Your citation is for a moving violation of the California Vehicle Code
  • You have not attended traffic school within the past 18 months for any other violation
  • If your citation is for speeding, you did not exceed 25 mph over the speed limit
  • You were not operating a commercial vehicle at the time of the violation
  • Your citation does not require a mandatory court appearance, and
  • You were not cited for alcohol or drugs

You can request traffic school in Riverside by contacting our experienced Riverside traffic lawyers. Note that you must attend a DMV-approved traffic program. You can find approved traffic schools near you on the DMV website.

Call Our Experienced Riverside Criminal Defense Attorneys for Help Today

You should not go to court without an experienced Riverside traffic ticket attorney who understands the court system. At Wallin & Klarich, our criminal lawyers have been successfully defending people in the Riverside County courts for more than 35 years. Let our skilled and knowledgeable lawyers help you now.

Contact our law firm today at (877) 466-5245 so we can begin to help you with your case.

Was This Article Helpful? Please Share it.

Confidential Consult

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Related Testimonials


Contact Us Now

If you or a loved one have been accused of a crime, this is the time to contact us.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Get In Touch

Contact Info

7177 Brockton Avenue
Suite 339

Riverside, CA 92506
(951) 684-3340
(714) 406-4738


Los Angeles County

Los Angeles | Long Beach | Glendale | Santa Clarita | Lancaster | Palmdale | Pomona | Torrance | Pasadena | West Covina | Carson | Santa Monica | Whittier | Lakewood | Redondo Beach | Arcadia | Diamond Bar | Glendora | Cerritos | La Mirada | Rancho Palos Verdes | Culver City | Manhattan Beach | Claremont | Beverly Hills | San Dimas | Walnut | Calabasas | Hermosa Beach | El Segundo | Palos Verdes Estates | Malibu

Orange County

Santa Ana | Anaheim | Irvine | Huntington Beach | Garden Grove | Orange | Fullerton | Costa Mesa | Mission Viejo | Westminster | Newport Beach | Buena Park | Lake Forest | Tustin | Yorba Linda | San Clemente | Laguna Niguel | La Habra | Fountain Valley | Anaheim Hills | Placentia | Rancho Santa Margarita | Aliso Viejo | Cypress | Brea | Stanton | San Juan Capistrano | Dana Point | Laguna Hills | North Tustin | Seal Beach | Ladera Ranch | Laguna Beach | Laguna Woods | La Palma | Coto de Caza | Los Alamitos | Rossmoor | Midway City | Las Flores | Villa Park

Riverside County

Riverside | Moreno Valley | Corona | Temecula | Murrieta | Jurupa Valley | Indio | Hemet | Menifee | Perris | Eastvale | Cathedral City | Palm Desert | Lake Elsinore | Palm Springs | La Quinta | Coachella | San Jacinto | Beaumont | Wildomar | Banning | Norco | Desert Hot Springs | Blythe | Rancho Mirage | Canyon Lake | Calimesa | Indian Wells

San Bernardino County

San Bernardino | Fontana | Rancho Cucamonga | Ontario | Victorville | Rialto | Hesperia | Chino | Chino Hills | Upland | Apple Valley | Redlands | Highland | Colton | Yucaipa | Montclair | Adelanto | Twentynine Palms | Loma Linda | Barstow | Yucca Valley | Grand Terrace | Big Bear Lake | Needles

San Diego

San Diego | Oceanside | Escondido | Carlsbad | Vista | San Marcos | Encinitas | Solana Beach | El Cajon | Santee | Poway | La Mesa | Del Mar


Oxnard | Thousand Oaks | Simi Valley | Ventura | Camarillo | Moorpark | Santa Paula | Port Hueneme | Fillmore | Ojai

Copyright © 2021 Wallin & Klarich - All rights reserved
Riverside Criminal Defense Attorney Disclaimer: The legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor should it be considered the formation of a lawyer or attorney-client relationship. Any case results presented on the site are based upon the facts of a particular case and do not represent a promise or guarantee. The contents of this website may contain legal advertising. If you would like to find out more information about your particular legal matter, contact our office for a free telephonic consultation. This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the state of California.