Riverside County Court Information
There are several courthouses throughout Riverside County. If you have a pending case in Riverside, your case may be filed at:
- The Southwest Justice Center in Murrieta
- The Riverside Hall of Justice
- The Banning Justice Center
- The Blythe Courthouse
- The Larson Justice Center in Indio
- The Southwest Juvenile Court in Murrieta
- The Riverside Juvenile Court
- The Indio Juvenile Courthouse
The court in which your pending matter is being handled is determined by the type of matter you have pending and where the matter is alleged to have occurred.
If you have a pending criminal matter in a Riverside County court, you should contact an experienced criminal defense attorney who has experience handling cases in Riverside County courts. Our law firm has been successfully defending clients facing criminal charges in Riverside County for more than 35 years. We can help you now.
How to Find Out Which Riverside Court is Handling Your Case
To determine the court facility in which your pending matter is being handled, you must refer to the list of case prefixes in Riverside County. Prefixes are a three-letter code that refers to your case.
In the chart below, we have outlined the prefixes with their corresponding case type and the Riverside County courthouse in which the case will be handled:
|Case Prefix||Case Type||Courthouse Where Case is Heard|
|BAS||Small Claims||Banning Court|
|BAC||Civil/Unlawful Detainer/Eviction||Banning Court|
|BLV||Domestic Violence||Blythe Court|
|BLS||Small Claims||Blythe Court|
|BLD||Family Law||Blythe Court|
|BLC||Civil/Unlawful Detainer/Eviction||Blythe Court|
|HEV||Domestic Violence||Hemet Court|
|SWV||Domestic Violence||Hemet Court|
|HES||Small Claims||Hemet Court|
|HED||Family Law||Hemet Court|
|SWD||Family Law||Hemet Court|
|TED||Family Law||Hemet Court|
|HEK||Child Support Services||Hemet Court|
|HEC||Civil/Unlawful Detainer/Eviction||Hemet Court|
|SWC||Civil Harassments||Hemet Court|
|INA||Adoptions||Larson Justice Center|
|INM||Misdemeanor||Larson Justice Center|
|INV||Domestic Violence||Larson Justice Center|
|INS||Small Claims||Larson Justice Center|
|INF||Felony||Larson Justice Center|
|IND||Family Law||Larson Justice Center|
|FAM||Family Law||Larson Justice Center|
|INK||Child Support Services||Larson Justice Center|
|ING||Probate||Larson Justice Center|
|INP||Probate||Larson Justice Center|
|PRO||Probate||Larson Justice Center|
|PSP||Probate||Larson Justice Center|
|INPRO||Probate||Larson Justice Center|
|IJA||Adoption (Juvenile)||Indio Juvenile Court|
|INJ||Juvenile||Indio Juvenile Court|
|JUV||Juvenile||Indio Juvenile Court|
|MVS||Small Claims||Moreno Valley Court|
|MVC||Unlawful Detainer/Eviction||Moreno Valley Court|
|SWM||Misdemeanor||Southwest Justice Center|
|SJA||Adoption (Juvenile)||Southwest Justice Center|
|SWF||Felony||Southwest Justice Center|
|SWJ||Juvenile||Southwest Justice Center|
|SWC||Unlawful Detainer/Eviction||Southwest Justice Center|
|TES||Small Claims||Southwest Justice Center|
|TEC||Unlawful Detainer/Eviction||Southwest Justice Center|
|SWS||Small Claims||Southwest Justice Center|
|SWC||Civil||Southwest Justice Center|
|MCC||Civil||Southwest Justice Center|
|INC||Civil||Palm Springs Court|
|CIV||Civil||Palm Springs Court|
|PSC||Civil/Unlawful Detainer/Eviction||Palm Springs Court|
|RIM||Misdemeanor||Riverside Hall of Justice|
|RIF||Felony||Riverside Hall of Justice|
|COM||Corona Misdemeanor||Riverside Hall of Justice|
|RIC||Civil||Riverside Historic Courthouse|
|RIG||Guardianship||Riverside Historic Courthouse|
|RIP||Probate||Riverside Historic Courthouse|
|RIA||Adoption||Riverside Family Law Court|
|RIV||Domestic Violence||Riverside Family Law Court|
|FAM||Family Law||Riverside Family Law Court|
|RIK||Child Support Services||Riverside Family Law Court|
|RID||Family Law||Riverside Family Law Court|
|RJA||Adoption (Juvenile)||Riverside Juvenile Court|
|RIJ||Juvenile||Riverside Juvenile Court|
|JUV||Juvenile||Riverside Juvenile Court|
|MCP||Mid County Probate||Temecula Court|
How Traffic Tickets are Handled in Riverside County
If you received a traffic ticket in Riverside County, the ticket will be handled at one of the following courts:
- The Blythe Courthouse
- The Larson Justice Center
- The Hemet Courthouse
- The Temecula Courthouse
- The Banning Courthouse
- The Moreno Valley Courthouse
Traffic cases are typically handled by the court that is closest to where the ticket was issued.
Before you go to court for a traffic ticket in Riverside, you should contact an experienced Riverside County traffic ticket attorney who can advise you on your options.
Should You Hire an Attorney to Fight Your Traffic Ticket in Riverside County?
You should not simply pay your traffic ticket without first contacting an experienced Riverside County traffic attorney. At Wallin & Klarich, our skilled traffic ticket lawyers understand how traffic cases are handled in Riverside County courts. Our experience and aggressive representation has helped our lawyers obtain numerous case victories in traffic cases in Riverside County.
You should consider hiring our law firm to represent you in a Riverside traffic case because:
- You won’t have to appear in court – Only certain courthouses in Riverside County handle traffic matters. This means you may have to travel a long distance to get to the court where your traffic matter is pending. Our experienced Riverside traffic lawyers may be able to appear in court on your behalf so that you don’t have to take the time to travel to the court.
- Our lawyers understand the law and the local courts – Our skilled Riverside traffic attorneys understand the law and how the courts in Riverside County apply it in traffic cases. We can assess your case and determine the best way to fight the ticket in the Riverside County courts.
- We may be able to keep points off your driving record – Many people do not realize that, in addition to expensive fines, traffic violations may also be punished by you receiving points on your driving record from the DMV. If you receive a certain amount of points within a given time period, your driver’s license could be suspended. A skilled Riverside traffic lawyer may be able to protect your driving privileges.
- We may be able to help you avoid increased insurance premiums – If you violate a traffic law and points are added to your driving record, the DMV will report the points to your auto insurance company. Most insurance companies will increase your premiums if you receive points on your record. If you have our traffic lawyers fight the ticket for you, you may be able to avoid an increase in your insurance premiums.
Paying a Traffic Ticket in Riverside County
You should not decide to pay off your ticket in full without first speaking to an experienced traffic ticket lawyer.
You are entitled to two 30-day extensions or one 60-day extension from the appearance date on your traffic ticket. Contact our law firm today at (877) 466-5245 so we can help you decide whether you should fight your ticket and request an extension to pay your ticket.
How to Request Traffic School in Riverside
Another option may be to request traffic school to avoid the negative consequences of a traffic ticket. If you complete traffic school, you may be able to avoid having the conviction on your driving record and an increase in your auto insurance premiums.
Traffic school is available once in an 18-month period. You are eligible for traffic school if:
- Your citation is for a moving violation of the California Vehicle Code
- You have not attended traffic school within the past 18 months for any other violation
- If your citation is for speeding, you did not exceed 25 mph over the speed limit
- You were not operating a commercial vehicle at the time of the violation
- Your citation does not require a mandatory court appearance, and
- You were not cited for alcohol or drugs
You can request traffic school in Riverside by contacting our experienced Riverside traffic lawyers. Note that you must attend a DMV-approved traffic program. You can find approved traffic schools near you on the DMV website.
Call Our Experienced Riverside Criminal Defense Attorneys for Help Today
You should not go to court without an experienced Riverside traffic ticket attorney who understands the court system. At Wallin & Klarich, our criminal lawyers have been successfully defending people in the Riverside County courts for more than 35 years. Let our skilled and knowledgeable lawyers help you now.
Contact our law firm today at (877) 466-5245 so we can begin to help you with your case.